Who doesn’t like warm, crisp, gooey, melted-cheese? OK, I know dairy-free folks won’t back flip at this, but for the rest of us…this healthy lasagna will blow your mind! Savory and delicious minus the inflammatory, sleep-inducing, belt-busting pasta. Even your Italian friends’ll be gesticulating “Benissimo!”
1 cup Quinoa
6 large Chard leaves
5-6 ounces of goat cheese (small sleeve, plain or spiced)
16 ounce jar marinara (organic, no sugar added preferable)
Cheese of choice: muenster, provolone, parmesan. (I prefer Muenster!)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 organic chicken breast or sausage (optional)
Preheat oven to 375.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add 1 cup of quinoa and lower heat, cook until water is gone.
- While quinoa cooks, de-stem 6 chard leaves.
- In a 9 x 9 or 9 x 13 glass container, place chard leaves side by side, covering bottom of container
- Cover chard with slices of muenster vs provolone cheese (from hormone and antibiotic -free cow’s milk, of course); use less cheese by allowing space between slices.
- Once water cooked away in quinoa, add 5 oz sleeve of goat cheese to quinoa.
- Add sea salt and ground pepper, crushed red pepper and thyme.
- Add extra virgin olive oil
- Stir until creamy.
- Spread layer of 1/2 of quinoa mixture on top of chard and cheese.
- Pour marinara sauce over quinoa.
- Add optional layer of sliced organic chicken or sausage.
- Add another layer of chard, cheese and remaining quinoa and marinara.
- Top dish with muenster cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Until cheese bubbly and brown.
- Serve immediately or let cool and store in refridge.