An Effort to End Nutritional Ignorance
Ready for a brilliant brunch idea or a healthy grab & go snack to stock the fridge? Cauliflower Frittatas are vegetarian, gluten-free, protein packed and simply scrumptious. Easy to make and easy to store. Eat these instead of high sugar protein or breakfast ‘bars’!
1 Head Cauliflower
2 eggs, from a farm not a factory
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
4-6 basil leaves, chopped
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat over to 350
1. Boil a head of cauliflower until soft (~5 minutes); strain and chop cauliflower on a towel, which can then be used to soak up extra moisture.
2. While cauliflower is boiling, in a medium-sized bowl whisk farm fresh eggs, parmesan, basil, salt & pepper (and optional) crushed red pepper; add a splash (~1-2 Tbsp filtered water) and whisk until thoroughly mixed
3. Add in cauliflower to mixture and pour evenly in to 12 muffin pan slots.
4. Cook for ~10-15 minutes, until desired crisping/browning
5. Serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 5 days