This quick and easy salad recipe comes from my bestie, who happens to be living in Moscow, Russia at the moment. (and it looks like she got it from Elise Bauer at Simply Recipes)
It feeds 4-6 and keeps in the fridge for several days, or if you’re in Mother Russia, it’ll keep in you living room all 9 months of the freezing cold winter!
It only takes 5 minutes to make, so even the busiest of corrupted politicians have time to throw this scrumptious side together.
- 1 14.5-ounce can white beans, drained but not rinsed (BPA-free cans and organic if you “can”)
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar (red or white)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry herbs de provence (crumbled) OR 1 teaspoon of some combination of finely chopped rosemary, tarragon, thyme, and lavender
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preparation: 5 minutes
Chop the onion and squeeze the lemon over the onion (to tamp down the onion). Combine all other ingredients and chill.
You could serve right away, but flavor is better after a few hours. I find it a bit mild, so I added arugula for a health boost bonus and a little zip. consider hot sauce or your own favorite spices!