So I know we’ve all vowed to be healthier and eat healthier this new year. And we’re all drinking green smoothies and detoxing each day. But just in case you find yourself with an unrelenting chocolate craving, and need a dessert that won’t undo all the hard word, check these yummy gems out!
This recipe I’ve not yet tried, but was passed a long to me from a fabulous gal pal who knows her chocolate. (Original recipe from delighted momma) Said gal pal says she adds Coco Powder and under-bakes.
What you will need:
- 1 cup of almond butter. You can make your own if you want to save a few bucks.
- 1 1/2 cup of grated and/or finely-chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup of raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix everything together.
- Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.